Flu is a contagious respiratory illness infects the nose, throat, and sometimes the lungs. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death.
- Get vaccinated
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- fever* or feeling feverish/chills
- sore throat
- runny or stuffy nose
- muscle or body aches
- fatigue (tiredness)
- some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults.
*It’s important to note that not everyone with flu will have a fever.